A Faith-Filled Family
The Importance of Faith
2 Corinthians 5:7
Look at the connection of both spiritual family and physical family life to faithfulness in Colossians 3:
We are raised with Christ to set our minds on things above (Col. 3:1-11).
We are called into the one body of a spiritual family …
The Pride That Brings Woes
The course of pride (Hab. 2:4-5).
It proceeds from a rotten heart. (Hab. 2:4).
It produces a restless life (Hab. 2:5).
It makes him drunk with his own power.
It makes him desire what he can never attain.
The contrast with pride (Hab. 2:4).
The just shall live by faith!
Jn 13:34–35 Jesus gives a "new" commandment
• Context of the statement
• Judas had just gone out to betray Him (Jn. 13:21-30).
• Jesus, again, talked with them about His coming departure from them (Jn. 13:31-33).
• He tells them how to live with "one another" after His departure (Jn. 13:34-35).
• After predicting Peter's denial, this …
October 7-9, 2016
The Church of Christ, Northside would like to invite you to our 2016 Fall Lectureship. We will be studying the topic…
“A Congregation To Be Thankful For.”
Friday, Oct. 7 at 7:00 PM
“Thankful For A Working Congregation” (Phil. 1:4-6) Roger Johnson
Saturday, Oct. 8 at 7:00 PM
“Thankful For A Loving …
1. Authored by the Holy Spirit (2 Pet. 1:21).
2. Written by Habakkuk (Hab. 1:1).
1. Habakkuk says the Babylonian invasion would occur during the days of his audience (Hab. 1:5).
2. This took place in 606-605 BC.
3. Many date the book between 612-605 BC.
4. Habakkuk was …
You can keep up with the latest lessons presented at Northside by subscribing to our "Sermoncast" podcast. Just click the subscribe button below that matches the device you want the podcast synced to. We are adding audio to many of our past lessons also, so the library will be growing with new and past lessons. Please let us know if you need any …